3.16.2012

Introducing... Juice Drop

Writer's block is the worst! Since we found out we were pregnant on January 17th nothing else seemed interesting enough to write about. Every time I sat down to write the only thing on my mind was this baby and I knew it was still too soon to reveal our exciting news. But the time has finally come when I can put my words on paper the screen and share with you the ups, the downs, the joys, the unusual, and the funny things about the miracle of pregnancy!

Where do I even begin? I have so much to say. I started a journal for the baby the day I found out but I think I'll spare you from every entry. I also think I'll save the story of how we found out for a different day. It's a pretty funny story so stay tuned!

Actually I know exactly where to begin...We've already picked out a name for our baby. I've heard so many different names from "the bean" to "little one" and I actually had planned on calling ours "the bump" until Travis introduced me to a different, more unique, name. One day he asked, "Can I call our baby Juice Drop?" At first I thought, "sure, in private; don't repeat out in public." But since that moment, Juice Drop has stuck and we've shared this moniker with our family and close friends and they've began calling our little one Juice Drop as well. I'm sure you're asking, "Why Juice Drop?" Well if you know anything about Travis's high school soccer career you'd know that his nickname was Juicy (apparently it meant that he was fast like...juice?) He even still uses his email address from high school which is juicyjones11@... So when Travis suggested the name Juice Drop, I had to admit it was perfect for our little one.

Without further ado let me introduce you to our little Juice Drop. 
Ready to meet the world September 19, 2012:




And for those of you who are interested in Juice Drop's bump here are weeks 10-13 (Disclaimer: all these photos were taken right after lunch so my bump may be a little exaggerated. Talk about a food baby!)



5 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you!!! Congratulations! This is such a happy time with so much to look forward to. We can't wait to see this little one grow. Hope you are feeling well!
    Kevin and Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica and Travis! This is so exciting I hope all is well with you both. I know God is using you both in big ways and you are going to make amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much! We feel so blessed to be on this new journey of parenthood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats you two. I know yall are excited. I will be praying for you both. You're gonna be awesome parents. Another one of God's blessings on you two. The Lord is using you both and what an awesome way for Him to say thank you. Ya'll are great servants for God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really interesting and having juices in my diet has always been interesting and healthy. Yo can also go for the Acai Berry Juice, it is also tasty and healthy but then you must try to have fresh juices as it is always preferable over the canned ones, they are for when you don't have that much time.

    ReplyDelete