6.19.2014

I promise, traveling in the car with a toddler gets better!

I know, I know, guys, I'm two days shy of 22 weeks and I'm just now posting an update for 21 weeks. We've been traveling since Sunday so it's been a little difficult to find time to sit down and write this post. Finally as Anna naps and Travis watches a soccer game with his best friend James I'm able to just lounge in a comfy, leather recliner and type away.

We always enjoy taking our annual trip up north, spending time with family, and visiting friends. It brings us such great joy. But I have to admit I was anxious before we left this past Sunday. The last time we traveled 8 hours to Ohio over Thanksgiving Anna vomited 5 minutes before arriving to my dads. Albeit she did have a little stomach bug but it wasn't the first time she struggled in the car while on a long drive. Usually she hyperventilates. It's just not pretty, it's just not fun, and it makes traveling a troublesome endeavor even if it's for vacation.

HOWEVER, this time was amazing! We made it to Columbus in record time, Anna did perfect, she didn't cry once, and she even sat in her seat and played for a good three hours before we felt like it was time to put a movie on our laptop. She has just gotten to the age where a movie or tv show is mesmerizing for her. THANK GOD! We may have had to watch Monsters Inc. one and a half times through but she didn't seem to mind (the only other movie we had was Tangled and it's blu ray. I forgot this important tidbit until I put it into my laptop and it just spit it back out.) But Mami came to the rescue and had Yo Gabba Gabba dvds waiting for Anna when we arrived so our trip back will be even better!

I'll share a more detailed account of our mid-west trip in another post but for now let's get to that baby bump! Speaking of baby bumps, I've been swelling in my feet and hands since we started traveling. Not sure if it's due to the traveling or if it's the mid-west heat. Either way I'm not too concerned because braxton hicks have been minimal and as soon as I'm able to put my feet up the swelling goes down. I'm sure once we get back home next week I'll be back to normal.


How far along? 21 Weeks

How big is baby? the size of a pomegranate and is manufacturing meconium (the icky tar-like poop)--exactly what you wanted to know, right? 

Total weight gain: who knows this week, I haven't been able to step on a scale since last week

Maternity clothes? only when I'm in public trying to look nice, otherwise it's gym shorts, leggings, and tshirts and tank tops

Sleep: it's ok. Breathing a little better but now trying to sleep on my side is the worst. I just want to lay on my stomach and back!

Best moment this week: so many things this week, seeing family we haven't seen since Thanksgiving, seeing friends we haven't seen in almost a year, going to the Columbus Zoo and seeing the sweet reaction from Anna towards all the animals. This week really has been great so far!

Miss Anything? not feeling like a heifer 

Movement: so much!

Food cravings: nothing really this week. I feel like being away from home allows you to fulfill any and every craving you could ever have

Gender: baby boy!

Symptoms: heartburn, bloating, baby kicks, peeing, always hungry 

Belly Button in or out? out

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!

Looking forward to: visiting with more friends as the week goes on and finally seeing my best friend who I haven't seen in almost a year and meeting her sweet baby girls! 

Happy Thursday, Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment