7.28.2014

Our Small Nest and a Weekly Bumpdate

Nesting has officially set in. The other night I was wide awake at 4 in the morning going crazy pondering all that needs to be done in the next 3 months. In my mind (as to not wake Travis up) I was screaming, "THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!!!" The next day I might have overwhelmed Travis a bit explaining all that needs to be done and all that I wanted to get. After a good chuckle he reminded me of how small our apartment is, how many bedrooms we have (2), and how if I wanted to buy anything new that would mean I'd have to get rid of something. Wahhhhh!!! 

So today I started. I emptied Anna's bedroom closet. I went through books, dvds, random boxes, clothes, and set them in keep and toss piles. It feels good to have Anna's closet complete and ready for when Juice Drop arrives because in 3 months it won't just be Anna's closet anymore. Yep, they'll be sharing a room. Which is another project in itself. Thankfully when we were decorating Anna's nursery two years ago we didn't make it too girly. The room has plenty of blacks, whites, and grays to balance it out, and we're hoping to add a touch of light blues here and there. 

This is when Anna and I were in the thick of nesting. 
And yay for her room only looking like this for 30 minutes! 


From here it'll be time to work on our own bedroom: downsizing Travis' gigantic desk that takes up most of our room making it oh, so romantic, unpacking books that have been in boxes for almost 3 years and placing them in our bookcase, adding decor, and setting up the bassinet once Juice Drop arrives. But we still have 13 more weeks (hopefully!) until we meet our little guy so until then here's a little bumpdate:


How far along? 27 Weeks

How big is baby? the size of a rutabaga (a what?!) and is showing brain activity and his brainwill keep getting more complex! 

Total weight gain: 24 pounds--I was surprised to find out I had only gained 2 pounds in a month. I'm right on track with where I was with Anna now! Phew, baby boy may not be as big as I thought at the beginning of all this.

Maternity clothes? only when I'm in public trying to look nice, otherwise it's gym shorts, tshirts and tank tops

Sleep: same as usual, waking up at least once a night to pee and occasionally waking up and being wide awake

Best moment this week: hearing Juice Drop's heartbeat--it never gets old and passing my glucose test! No gestational diabetes for me! Yippie! 

Miss Anything? and yet again, a glass of red wine, especially tonight while my friends will be taking sips and watching the finale of the Bachelorette (did I really just admit to watching that show?! #dontjudge)

Movement: morning, noon, and night ;)

Food cravings: this week, carbs! 

Gender: baby boy!

Symptoms: major heartburn--it comes on even before I've eaten, braxton hicks, peeing all the time, out of breath, and my favorite: baby kicks! 

Belly Button in or out? out

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!

Looking forward to: our friends' baby shower this weekend! Can't wait to see them and eventually meet their baby boy in a few weeks :)

I know my nesting of cleaning out closets isn't too unusual. What's the weirdest thing you've done while nesting? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment