8.04.2014

Hello There 3rd Trimester, It's So Nice to See You!

Folks, we are officially in the 3rd trimester! The homestretch! The last 12 weeks! It's crazy to think that in just 3 short months we'll have another little one to chase around and cuddle and kiss to no end. Every time I hold Anna I think about how soon it'll be when she won't be the only one I'll be holding. It's bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon excited to finally be able to hold my sweet baby boy but Anna and I have had almost 2 good years of just she, her Daddy and I. I'm trying to savor these final weeks because in reality Travis and I will be the only ones who remember when it was just us three. *tear*

I was a little confused when I read that Juice Drop is the size of an eggplant this week. I thought eggplants were kind of small. Until we stopped in Trader Joe's this morning for our weekly grocery run and saw just how massive these things are! I can definitely believe Juice Drop is the size of an eggplant now especially knowing how hard he kicks and punches! Sometimes I feel like he's going to punch right through my skin! 


It feels so good to be posting about being in the third trimester! I feel like I've been taking pictures of my bump forever. I'm so ready for our little guy to be outside of my belly and the only pictures I'll be taking are of him (and Anna still of course ;)


How far along? 28 Weeks

How big is baby? the baby is a size of an eggplant. He's starting to develop more fat so his wrinkly skin is getting more smooth and his lungs are mature enough that if he had to come now he'd most likely survive. Let's just hope he stays in there though for another 9 weeks at least!

Total weight gain: 24 pounds

Maternity clothes? only when I'm in public trying to look nice, otherwise it's gym shorts, tshirts and tank tops

Sleep: got a pregnancy pillow and it's been a total sleep changer! 

Best moment this week: getting to celebrate our dear friends' and their baby at their baby shower. We can't wait to finally meet their little guy in a few weeks!

Miss Anything? not feeling like absolute crap after I eat a big meal. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach these days and all I want to do is eat, eat, eat but my body's saying no, no, no!

Movement: morning, noon, and night ;)

Food cravings: chocolate!!  

Gender: baby boy!

Labor Signs: I've left this one out on the previous posts because I thought it was a little early to be talking of labor signs but now that I'm in the 3rd trimester and last night I had enough braxton hicks for me to worry I thought it'd be good to add this back in. So yeah, last night I had braxton hicks for almost 3 hours pretty consistently and they were uncomfy until I fell asleep. I researched before I went to bed what I should do and it said if you have more than 6 in an hour to call your dr/midwife. Well I definitely had more than 6 in a hour! But it was so late I didn't feel like calling. I decided to see if I could sleep it off and thankfully this morning they had subsided. I will definitely be talking with my midwife at my appointment later this week to see what I should do if they come on that strong again in the future.

Symptoms: major heartburn--it comes on even before I've eaten, braxton hicks, peeing all the time, out of breath, and my favorite: baby kicks! 

Belly Button in or out? out

Happy or Moody most of the time: I was kind of moody this week. I stress over the littlest of things and then I can become a total you know what. Thankfully Travis can snap me back into reality pretty quickly. He's a great guy to put up with so much! 

Looking forward to: finishing the nursery and our bedroom soon! I'm still in nesting mode!

There's that 3rd trimester bump. Can't wait until he's on the outside of my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment