8.19.2014

Tuckered Out

I realize that the only blog posting I've been doing lately is of my weekly bumpdates. And I have no other excuse than I.Am.Tired. Let me rephrase, I.AM.EXHAUSTED. Third trimester hit with full force. By the time Anna goes to sleep at night my whole body aches and I just want to sit in bed with a huge bowl of ice cream and binge watch "The Office" (for the millionth time). For all you mothers who have more than one child to chase around and a huge baby bump, YOU ARE MY HEROS! I don't know how you do it! Based on how I'm feeling lately Juice Drop numero dos may be numero last. I'm venting over my exhaustion now but I can only imagine what I'll feel like when baby boy finally arrives. I'm at least able to currently get 8 consecutive hours of sleep at night--if you don't count the getting up every 3 hours to pee, which I'm sure is just prepping me for what's to come. That'll be a long lost memory come October. Until then I'll enjoy the time I have now after Anna goes to sleep to rest, relax, put up my feet, and dream happy dreams of our beautiful children.

Is is just me or does my belly look HUGE?! And I have 10 more weeks of this!!!

How far along? 30 Weeks

How big is baby? the size of a cucumber (huh?? How does he goes from the size of an eggplant two weeks ago to the size of a cucumber?) His brain is getting wrinklier to make way for all that brain tissue, and he's strong enough to grasp a finger!

Total weight gain: 29 pounds

Maternity clothes? only when I'm in public trying to look nice, otherwise it's gym shorts, tshirts and tank tops

Sleep: what's that? It's a lose, lose, lose situation for me. We're keeping the A/C set high to save money so that makes our bedroom like a furnace. We have the fan turned on which keeps the room cool but dries me out so I have nosebleeds. Not to mention getting up 5 times in one night, being obnoxiously uncomfortable, and baby boy throwing a dance party in my belly. It's just the worst. 

Best moment this week: spending time with great friends (Emily, Susan, and Laura) and laughing so hard my chest hurt after. One of the best feelings. Also the same night, introducing Emily and Laura to Cook Out milkshakes at 11 pm. No regrets (except when I literally fell into bed that night).

Miss Anything? not feeling exhausted all the time 

Movement: morning, noon, and night ;)

Food cravings: junk, junk, and anything junk  

Gender: baby boy!

Labor Signs: just the usual braxton hicks, nothing crazy this week.

Symptoms: major heartburn--it comes on even before I've eaten, braxton hicks, peeing all the time, out of breath, and my favorite: baby kicks! 

Belly Button in or out? out

Happy or Moody most of the time: pretty happy! 

Looking forward to: hearing Juice Drop's heartbeat this Friday (it never gets old!) and working to finish our bedroom and nursery before soccer season starts in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment